If the goal of your website is to make sales, you need to ensure the process at the checkout is clear, secure and answers common concerns or questions.
Some of the common questions buyers have include:-
- Is this a real company? Often, simply providing the address and phone number of your company during the checkout will address those concerns.
- What are your payment methods? This is best addressed by featuring images of the credit cards you accept.
- Is the site secure? This is best addressed by using the logo of your security provider.
- If you need registration, explain why. Often itâ€™s as simple as explaining that the information will speed up future purchases.
- Can I return this? Make this explicit.
- How long does it take to ship?
If you are able to answer these questions and concerns during the checkout process, youâ€™re more likely to secure a sale and get a return shopper.
Other Posts by Jacob Smith:
- Plugins to ensure security during payment processing on your WordPress site
- Questions to ask your hosting provider about PCI compliance
- Crack Open This Geode – and Find Your Credit Cards are Stored Inside!
- Taking payments online – when to upgrade from a personal PayPal account?
- Online Payments Go Offline